In 2020, the EU Facility for Development in transition decided to partner with the OECD to provide a unique joint support to the region in its recovery.
Two years after, the OECD is ready to share with LAC and EU delegations in Brussels its key conclusions and recommendations in a pre-launch technical event.
During this event, OECD experts will discuss (1) how the LAC region could recover and better prepare for future pandemics by strenghtening the Primary Health Systems, (2) Alternatives for the financing of the expansion of Social Protection Systems and (3) strategic choices to increase participation of the region in Global Value Chains in the post-pandemic context. We invite EU and LAC countries representatives and European Commission experts to join the discussion in key areas that could further enhance bi-regional cooperation.
- the EU's international role | international cooperation
- InfoPoint and Webex meeting
- English, Spanish
- International Partnerships InfoPoint
This dialogue will serve as a close doors, pre-launch technical discussion between OECD and EU experts together with key EU and LAC representatives in Brussels. The conference will use as background information the main analysis, conclusions and OECD recommendations of the following papers as part of the EU Facility for Development in Transition initiative:
- Health system and the role of Primary Health Care (PHC)
- Post COVID trade priorities and scenarios for LAC
- Financing of the expansion of social protection systems
- José Antonio Ardavin, Head of Division, Latin America and the Caribbean, OECD Global Relations and Cooperation Directorate
- Paula Garda, Senior Economist and Head of Colombia and Peru Desks, OECD Economics Department
- Caroline Berchet, Health Economist, OECD Department for Employment and Social Affairs
- Przemyslaw Kowalski, Senior Policy Analyst, Trade and Agriculture Directorate, OECD
- Diana Montero Melis, Deputy Head of Unit, South America and Regional Operations 1
Language conference: English
Language Q&A session: English and Spanish