A key challenge for economic operators in developing countries is the lack of reliable trade-related information. The International Trade Centre (ITC) has developed a suite of Market Analysis Tools to make global trade more transparent and to facilitate access to markets. These online tools enable business actors to scan opportunities for new markets, estimate export potential, compare access conditions and trade agreements, monitor national trade performance and much more. With EU and other donors' support, ITC tools are free of access for users from developing countries & EU member states.
- the EU's international role | international cooperation
- Cén áit
- English, French
- International Partnerships InfoPoint
The International Trade Centre has developed a suite of online tools to make global trade more transparent and to facilitate access to markets. These tools enable business actors to identify trade opportunities, compare market-access requirements, monitor national trade performance and are accessible as Global Public Goods.
The Market Analysis Tools suite covers the world’s largest databases on trade statistics, tariff data, and rules of origin related to applicable free trade agreements. Additional tools offer export potential estimations, market price information, investment data and much more.
They improve the trade and investment decisions of companies, notably small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), business support organisations (BSOs) and policymakers among others. In particular, it assists SMEs in better targeting their products towards the most promising markets, and in diversifying and adding value to their products.
- Paz Velasco Velazquez, Team Leader - Investment Climate and Trade, INTPA E2- Micro-economic Analysis, Investment Climate, Private Sector, Trade and Employment
- Mondher Mimouni, Chief Trade and Market Intelligence section,International Trade Centre ITC
- Elodie Robin, Project officer, International Trade Centre ITC
Language: English & French
Language Q&A session: English & French