“Food Wave” creates alliances between institutions, civil society and young people for a green, inclusive and sustainable future for our cities.
The project focuses on the importance of sustainable food systems at urban level and the adoption of responsible lifestyles and practices by young people (aged 15-35) to mitigate climate change. Through activism schools, discussion fora, street actions, community dinners, film festivals, workshops and more, the young Food Wave activists are leading the change — starting with food.
The Food Wave project is supported by DEAR - the EU's Development Education and Awareness Raising Programme.
Catch the wave, lead the change!
Food Wave informs and involves young people through a web platform and a digital campaign, supported by an international network of ambassadors and influencers.
The project produces original research and case studies on the food/climate nexus. It stimulates the activation of young people through different initiatives including schools of activism, discussion fora, street actions, international exchanges, art contests and film festivals.
Results so far
Food Wave is creating an international community of young people, interested in changing our food systems to help mitigate and adapt to climate change. The projects’ schools of activism and workshops have trained over 400 activists and students about the food-climate nexus. 570 young people have taken part in 15 discussion forums, where they shared ideas and plans for the future.
The social media campaign reached more than 15 million young people. Over 250 activists and more than 20 influencers, particularly committed to the Food Wave mission and values, joined the project as Food Wave Ambassadors.
More than 60 000 people have participated in 30 street actions, such as collaborative cooking sessions, social lunches and dinners, art performances, urban horticulture and self-production workshops.
- Municipality of Milan
- Association Internationale Pour La Biennale Des Jeunes Createurs De l'Europe Et De La Mediterranee - BJCEM , Belgium
- Commune De Molenbeek-Saint-Jean, Belgium
- Stad Brugge, Belgium
- Stolichna Obshtina, Bulgaria
- Grad Zagreb, Croatia
- Association Des Agences De La Démocratie Locale- ALDA, France
- Risteco La Ville Qui Mange, France
- ActionAid Hellas, Greece
- Dimos Neas Smyrni, Greece
- Pest Megye Onkormanyzata, Hungary
- ActionAid International Italia Onlus, Italy
- Comune Di Torino, Italy
- Mani Tese, Italy
- Erasmus Student Network Italia, Italy
- Fondazione Acra, Italy
- Gemeente Almere, The Netherlands
- Rede Dlbc Lisboa, Portugal
- Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa, Poland
- Agentia Metropolitana Pentru Dezvoltare Durabila Brasov, Romania
- RRA Podravje Maribor, Slovenia
- Ayuntamiento De Madrid, Spain
- Ayuntamiento De Murcia, Spain
- Fundacion Alianza Por Los Derechos, La Igualdad Y La Solidaridad, Spain
- Malmo Kommun, Sweden
- Groundwork Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
- ReLondon, United Kingdom
- Prefeitura Do Municipio De Sao Paulo Rua, Brazil
- Durata del progetto
- Ubicazione del progetto
- BelgiumBrazilBulgariaCroatiaFranceGreeceHungaryItalyNetherlandsPolandPortugalRomaniaSloveniaSpainSwedenUnited Kingdom
- Bilancio complessivo
- €7 771 000
- Sito web del progetto
- The Food Wave website