Applications to join the Youth Sounding Board are now closed. Thank you for your interest!
Please note that due to the very high number of applications to join the Youth Sounding Board, we will only contact candidates selected for the shortlist. See the timeline below for more information.
The Youth Sounding Board (YSB) aims to be diverse and inclusive. It will bring together a range of opinions and experiences from across age groups, areas of interest and expertise, gender, socio-economic background and countries/regions - with specific attention to the regions in which the Directorate-General for International Partnerships is active like Sub-Sahara Africa, Latin America and Caribbean, Middle East, Asia and the Pacific and the EU, including diaspora communities.
To ensure diversity, all motivated young people are welcome to apply, including those with less experience. Candidates with special needs, disabilities, in a situation of vulnerability or from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Members of the YSB will be selected via an open call for applications. Applicants can apply either as individuals, or be nominated by a youth organisation. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed before the final selection of 25 members is confirmed. You can find out more about the application procedure in the call for candidates below.
All candidates must fulfil the following eligibility criteria
- be between the age of 18-30 at the end of the application period (26 April 2023)
- be available to devote at least 25 days per year to the YSB
- have a good command of English
- hold the nationality of, or be a resident in one of the eligible countries (see list below)
Applications have to be submitted in English by 23.59 (CEST) on 26 April 2023 via EUSurvey. Receipt of applications will be confirmed by email.
As we expect a high number of applications, we advise you to apply well in advance of the deadline in order to prevent potential technical issues.
The selection process will be conducted in two stages according to the following indicative timeline
- First stage: candidates who reach the first stage (shortlist) will be informed at the latest by 30 May 2023
- Second stage: shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews between 1-20 June 2023
- Final results: all candidates who applied will be informed of the final results by 30 June 2023