Throughout February and March 2023, this online pharmaceutical marketplace will offer organisations from Latin American and the Caribbean (LAC) and Europe an opportunity to meet, explore joint venture opportunities or consolidate established relations along the pharmaceutical value chains across the two continents.
- the EU's international role | international cooperation | Latin America-EU partnership
- Pouze online
- Pouze online
- Cílová skupina
- Medicines manufacturers (chemicals, biologicals, generics and biosimilars), contract manufacturing organisations, suppliers of raw material and manufacturing facilitators, trade associations and financial institutions both from the EU and LAC regions
- English, Spanish, Portuguese
- Generální ředitelství pro mezinárodní partnerství | Generální ředitelství pro vnitřní trh, průmysl, podnikání a malé a střední podniky | Evropská služba pro vnější činnost
- Internetové stránky
- EU-LAC pharmaceutical matchmaking platform
There is huge potential for collaboration between Latin American, Caribbean, and European companies and key organisations in the healthcare industries.
The EU-LAC health partnership responds to the high interest shown by Latin American and Caribbean leaders in underpinning their health systems and boosting local manufacturing capacities. It supports ongoing regional efforts (notably the Plan for self-sufficiency in health matters, endorsed by the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States in 2021), which sets out actions to strengthen capacity to produce and distribute vaccines and medicines in the region.
To further advance this partnership, the European Commission is setting up a marketplace to enhance cooperation between EU and Latin America and the Caribbean on pharmaceuticals.
The marketplace consists of an online platform where participants can register to identify potential partners and meet their counterparts in confidential business-to-business (B2B) sessions. The platform opens on 2 February 2023 and the B2B matchmaking sessions will run until the last week of March.
The event is part of the Commission’s engagement with the private sector as a driver for change and innovation. Diversification of global pharmaceutical production is essential for global health security and the EU is keen to create ecosystems conducive to equitable access to quality health products.
2 February 2023: Welcome webinar (15:30 - 17:00 CET) and registration opens
- Official opening of the marketplace and matchmaking event
- Tutorial on how to register to the EU-LAC pharma and healthcare marketplace
- Webinar livestream/recording will be available
2 February (from 15:30 CET) - 24 February 2023: Registration period
- Only validated stakeholders meeting the registration criteria will be able to participate in the matchmaking meetings
- Please check the conditions for registration
6 March - 24 March 2023: Search for marketplace partners
- Validated organisations can search for potential partners in the marketplace and book meetings until 24 March
- Look for interesting organisations and schedule your meetings as soon as possible!
21 March (15:00 CET): High-level forum - Sharing pharmaceutical innovations between the European Union and Latin America and the Caribbean
- More information on the High-level forum: Sharing pharmaceutical innovations between the European Union and Latin America and the Caribbean
27 March - 31 March 2023: Matchmaking meetings
- Scheduled meetings take place between participants during this week
- Don't forget to fill out the satisfaction survey to let us know more about your experience of participating in this initiative!