Archipelago is an inclusive economic development programme which focuses on youth and vulnerable groups' employability by increasing their professional skills as well as boosting employment opportunities.
More specifically, Archipelago will increase local employment opportunities and employability by developing local training and vocational resources adapted to private sector needs.
The main approach is the implementation of targeted partnership projects between European and African Business Membership Organisations with the aim to provide labour market relevant Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). In order to increase young people's employability it is imperative to have a fully private sector driven approach. These partnership projects are be competitively selected through calls for proposals and must include an analytical phase in order to identify the sectors with growth potential, which are also relevant for their members.
The overall objective of the action is to better match the labour offer (skills available on the labour market) to the labour demand (generated by the local private sector and productive economic growth).
The project's specific objectives are:
- Increase and upgrade local employment opportunities through the strengthening of the entrepreneurial skills, SMEs and future start-ups employment creation.
- Develop local training and vocational (TVET) resources adapted to private sector needs to strengthen youth employability.
approximately 10,500 direct beneficiaries including voluntary returnees migrants (total number):
- approximatively 6,760 trained young people (age range between 15 and 24) and entrepreneurs
- 1,600 new SMEs and start-ups in 12 Sahel countries
- 100 BMO (Business Membership Organizations) staff trained
- 240 participants in public-private dialogue
- 1,800 people trained/sensitised on VET
Indirect beneficiaries: Communities where the actions take place: 42,000
EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa
Conférence Permanente des Chambres Consulaires Africaines et Francophones
The Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry
SEQUA GmbH Partner of German Business
• Conférence Permanente des Chambres Consulaires Africaines et Francophones • The Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry • SEQUA GmbH Partner of German Business
- Project duration
- Project locations
- Overall budget
- EU contribution
- €15.000.000100% of the overall budget